EVENTS MANAGER ATOUT FRANCE & ACCOUNT MANAGER FRANCE MONTAGNES (Hybrid)
- Responsible to: Head of PR
- Qualification level: Degree level
- Experience: Min 1 – 2 years in Events and PR preferred
- Full time position
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Based in London, UK
- Start: ASAP
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Events Manager and Account Manager, ideally with previous PR & Events experience to join our busy PR team at Atout France (the French National Tourist Board).
The role will be based at Atout France offices in London and will be a dual role organising events for the Atout France office and handling France Montagnes as an Account Manager. France Montagnes is the federating body of French mountain resorts, regional tourist boards, ski lift companies, French ski schools etc. France Montagnes’ role is to promote travel and tourism year-round to the French Mountains. As account manager you will be liaising with the British & Irish travel and ski media in order to ensure that France Montagnes and its resorts maintain a strong presence in the UK media landscape. Tasks also include organising and hosting press trips, organising media events and producing relevant press collaterals.
There will be regular direct contact with the team at the France Montagnes head office in Chambery and liaising with French ski resorts and relevant ski industry bodies.
Atout France organises numerous events across its departments and you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the events from initial brief to concept development to the actual event management. This will be done in coordination with the relevant departments involved.
The ideal candidate should be a dynamic self-starter and should be bilingual in French and English written and spoken. A good knowledge of the UK travel industry / media and of the mountain holiday industry is preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills in both languages are required. You will enjoy the challenge of working independently. It is essential that you are able to multi-task and handle projects simultaneously. You will sit within a press team of 5 and develop a close report with the Head of PR at Atout France. There will also be the opportunity to travel in the United Kingdom and in the French mountains
- Liaising with the UK Travel & Ski media and act as go-between with any relevant partners
- Organisation of press trips – from selecting a list of potential contacts, creating a pitch, following up with journalists, logistical arrangements (transport and hotels), organisation of programme in contact with the French destination involved, ensuring article follow-up post trip and budget management.
- Event organisation (e.g. press launches, awards and lunches) including all aspects of event management
- Basic translation skills
- Basic accounting / budget responsibilities
- Bilingual English/French to native level
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a PR role is preferred
- Ski/Snowboard Winter sport enthusiast – should be able to ski / snowboard
- Knowledge of ski resorts is a plus
- Experience in organising events
- Great organisational skills and ability to prioritise – essential
- Team player
- Good range of IT skills including Microsoft Office Package
- Please note that there will be some travel in the evenings and weekends required (press trips, events etc)
Please send cover letter + CV in English to:
Ms Marine TESTE
Head of PR – Atout France UK & Irlande