PRESS & EVENTS OFFICER
- Press Department, Atout France, UK & Ireland (London)
- Contract type: Permanent / Full time
- Start date: Candidates must be available to start work at the earliest opportunity, ideally beginning of February 2022.
- Location: Chancery Lane, London, UK
- Qualification: Degree level (tourism, PR, communication, marketing, events…)
- Reporting to: Head of PR & Cluster Project Manager & Senior Press Officer
Atout France is the France Tourism Development Agency. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Press & Events Officer, who loves a bit of a challenge and a varied role, ideally with previous PR experience to join our busy PR team in London.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Completely fluent in both English and French – both spoken and written
- Excellent copywriting and interpersonal skills in both languages are essential
- Confirmed experience of PR and event/project management is a plus
- A strong interest in the UK and Irish media is a must
- A working knowledge of France and passion for travel would be an advantage
- Disciplined and organised with excellent time management skills
- Flexible and capable of juggling responsibilities with the ability to prioritise
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated – a self-starter with an appetite to learn
- Team player
- IT skills incl. Microsoft Office Suite, HubSpot, WordPress and social media
- Special conditions: Some travel occasionally required for trips and events
The Press & Events Officer will enjoy the challenge of working within a press team of 5 and also liaising across other departments within the London office, as well as our head-office in Paris.
Support the Head of PR & Cluster Project Manager as well as the PR team in achieving the overall aims and goals of the department.
- Liaising with journalists / influencers and handling day-to-day press enquiries
- Proactively recruiting journalists to write about France as a holiday destination
- Organisation of press trips – small groups, individuals – from selecting a list of potential contacts, creating a pitch, following up with journalists, logistical arrangements (transport and hotels), organisation of programme in contact with the French destination involved, ensuring article follow-up post trip and budget management.
- Attending press events, shows and awards
- Drafting and sending out press releases and press packs, basic translation skills
- Building and maintaining a strong journalist and influencer database
- Regular communication with the Atout France team and local tourist partners in France
- Source content and assisting with the press blog, newsletter creation and social media communication
Events & Project Management
- Event organisation (e.g. press launches, awards and lunches) including all aspects of event management
- Project Management – Assist in the launch of new projects – transversal, internal and external.
- Account management
Budget & Reporting
- Monitoring UK & Ireland media / travel trends and identifying media opportunities
- Scoring and keeping track of press cuttings and reporting results to local tourist partners
- Liaise with external monitoring company for updates and improvements
- Ensure that all reports are created and updated at key stages in the year
- Developing and maintaining reporting / data strategy of the department
- Budget reporting on all the above activities
Please send cover letter + CV in English to:
Ms Marine TESTE
Head of PR – Atout France UK & Irlande
In copy: firstname.lastname@example.org