Excellent gastronomy and world class spa and well-being facilities are two cornerstones of the French winter-sports holiday experience. Winter 2014-2015 will see a host of new and improved eateries on the mountain and in resorts. Likewise, French resorts continue to invest in industry-leading pool and spa facilities to relax and unwind in after a day on the hill, with six major new developments in the Alps and Pyrenees.
- Val Thorens: The splendid Koh-I-Nor brasserie welcomes Michelin-starred chef Eric Samson for winter 2014-2015.
- Morzine: La Chamade family-run restaurant is a new dining concept to Morzine with a totally open kitchen making guest feel like they are at a friend’s for dinner.
- La Clusaz: Les Rhodos restaurant opens this winter at the Col des Aravis (1500m), serving traditional local food with funky modern twists.
- Courchevel: Nicolas Sale’s Kintessence has been awarded its second Michelin star for 2014.
- Saint Martin de Belleville: Le Jardin de Josephine gourmet restaurant opens in December 2014 and will serve seasonal local produce, much of which is grown in the restaurant’s garden.
- Tignes 1800: The new village in Tignes welcomes two new restaurants for 2014-2015: O 1800 will serve traditional Savoyarde cuisine, Four 7 is an Asian Teppanyaki restaurant.
- Saint Gervais: The world-famous Folie Douce chain will open its latest venture for winter 2014-2015 in Saint Gervais, which will feature the equally popular Fruitière restaurant.
Aquatics & Wellness
- Châtel: New 13m€ Forme d’O aquatics and wellness centre: 2 indoor pools, 1 outdoor pool, all with Jacuzzi areas, counter-currents and fountains. Also featuring spa, beauty, multiple saunas and hammams. Opened July 2014.
- Les Menuires: Aqualudique& Wellness des Bruyères opened June 2014. It has a hydrotherapy pool, an area dedicated to children with an ice cave, toboggans, games and entertainment. The centre also includes a spa for adults only, with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
- Les Arcs: The 37 million € 3780m² Le Mille 8 leisure centre, opens December 2014. Indoor & Outdoor pool, Massage jets and submerged massage beds with bubbles, Waterfalls & Caves, Kids play area, Wellbeing area- spa, Hammams, Saunas, Fitness area.
- Les Saisies will open Le Signal on 13 December. This brand new aqua sport centre includes a hydrotherapy pool, a Jacuzzi, a well-being area and a paddling pool. It also has an indoor climbing wall, volley ball, badminton and basketball, and two squash courts.
- Peyragudes: Les Bains de Sommets– new Spa/Wellbeing centre opening December 2014 in the Peyrasourdes sector with pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam and treatment rooms.
- Montgenèvre: 3600m² Durancia aquatics centre opening December 2014. Split over 3 floors, featuring hammams, saunas, Thaï-Shiatsu massage and much more.
For further information about the French mountains in winter or in summer, please contact Matt Carr at the offices of Atout France in London, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 061 6623
Categories: Tempt me