The office, the cat, the kids… leave them all behind on a romantic getaway to France! Get a taste for the high life in Place Vendôme, tour wine cellars in Champagne, sample Lyon’s bouchons and rummage through record shops in Lille for your favourite love songs. Nights are short, breakfasts are long, and siestas are spent cosying up in front of the fire… France keeps romance simple but perfect – and even more so on Valentine’s Day! What’s the programme?
Marseille – Provence: Quel Amour!
AS OF 14th FEBRUARY 2018 – Taking the form of a declaration of love to the arts, the artists, and the entire territory, MP2018 aims to bring the entire Bouches-du-Rhône Department alive to the rhythm of culture and creation from across the artistic spectrum. This event has been imagined as a seven-month odyssey through the 450 cultural projects starting on 14 February 2018, and nothing better encapsulates the joy and the emotion of the project than its very name: Quel Amour!
> Download the press kit HERE
Parisian love nests – The Top 5
Paris is full of love, for you, for everyone, everyday. Since it’s soon ‘You & I’ time, here are our top picks of romantic stays in the City of Love:
- The ultimate place to stay is black-clad Hôtel Amour in the increasingly trendy 9th arrondissement.
- Set within the 16th arrondissement, in Napoleon Bonaparte’s family digs, the palace Shangri-La Hotel, Paris is the royal option for a Valentine’s Day break
- With the Royal Garden one side and the Louvre the other, Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal has one of the most prestigious addresses in Paris. Labelled Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Mama Shelter Paris shares the love! Between the artists’ studios, Père Lachaise, the “Campagne à Paris” & the winding cobblestone streets, you will feel the lingering spirit of Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrisson and other great artists. Offering shelter from the intrusions of the outside world, Mama is alive with the energy of the city and as warm as comfortable as home.
- The smallest five star hotel in Paris, L’Hotel has been a secret hideaway over the past two centuries. With quintessential French charm and glamour, L’Hotel is nestled in the heart of the Left Bank, amidst the cultural riches, bohemian soul and high fashion of St Germain-des-Prés.
Over the moon – What happens at 2000 metres stays at 2000 metres
Be among the privileged few to experience an exceptional night on board the unique vessel: the piste basher Over the Moon. In a cosy space filled with romantic gestures especially designed for (ski) lovers, let yourself enjoy an upmarket room and sleep at one of the summits of la Plagne. And why not take this opportunity to discover one of the most popular ski resorts in the world?
> Read more HERE
La Ville Rose – A pink city break
Known as La Ville Rose, or The Pink City, because of the proliferation of redbrick buildings, Toulouse, centre of the European aerospace industry, is one of France’s most attractive destinations and an unmissable stop-off for your Valentine’s week end away! Culture, relaxation, gastronomy and romance – here are the reasons to come to Toulouse with your better half.
> Read more HERE