The Accor Group of hotels, which has hotels of every category in 110 countries, including 3080 hotels in Europe and close to 2000 in France, has recently announced its “ALLSAFE” protocol to drive its reopening program. This label integrates the most stringent cleaning standards and operational procedures in the world of hospitality to ensure guests safety as hotels reopen.
Enhanced cleanliness protocols
- Frequent disinfection of all high-touch areas like elevators and public restrooms
- An enhanced in-room cleaning program using hospital grade cleaning materials
- Regular deep cleaning on upholstery and carpets and all bedding will be washed and treated at high temperatures
Enhanced staff training
- Launch of a new comprehensive safety and hygiene training program to ensure all employees have the skills and education necessary to protect themselves and guests
- Online and classroom trainings have been mandated prior to any Accor hotel reopening
New guest contact measures
- Distancing measures in all restaurants, bars and public areas
- Guests will be provided with individual sanitizer, wipes and masks and signage will be utilized throughout guest touchpoints to advise of the necessary restrictions
- Implementation of guest temperature measurement practices, desinfectant mats at the hotel entrance and partitions at front desks
- Contactless payment solution and desk-free check in wherever possible
Enhanced food safety standards
- Maintaining 1m distance across tables and maximum 8 people per table
- All employees to wear masks and gloves in kitchens
- Sanitation gel products available in public restaurant areas
- New procedures to buffet service
- Enhanced employee training on awareness and cleanliness procedures
Global medical support for guests
- Accor and AXA, a global leader in insurance, announced a strategic partnership to provide medical support to guests across all the Group’s hotels. From July 2020, guests will have access to medical tele consultations for free and to an extensive medical network with ten of thousands of vetted medical professionals.
These standards have been developed and approved by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification. Through a network of over 1,500 offices and laboratories in 140 countries, their mission is at the heart of key challenges: quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Every hotel in the Group must apply these standards and will be audited either by Accor operational experts or by third-party auditors such as Bureau Veritas to achieve the new ALLSAFE label.
Guests will be able to verify hotels that are certified compliant on hotel property websites, through Accor’s contacts centres as well as on property.
For more information on ACCOR & its “ALLSAFE” program, click here.